Re: fde-glibc.c bug

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:34:19PM +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> Ulrich> Jes Sorensen <jes@sunsite.dk> writes:
> >> The other question is, what do we do to solve the current problem
> >> with nss not working when compiled against gcc3 on the ia64?
>
> Ulrich> gcc3 does not exist as far as glibc is concerned.  So there is
> Ulrich> no problem.
>
> Right, so we just stick to the old C++ ABI's on the ia64, let them
> propagate and take the crap of migrating later.
>
> Whether you like it or not, the distributions are going to ship gcc3 on
> the ia64 and we will need glibc to work with it.

gcc 3.0.1 cannot be used ASIS for glibc. I have been working on that.
It looks changes to both gcc and glibc may be required. I can provide
patches once we find a solution which is acceptable to everyone. It
is not a trivial thing. To make it even more frustrating, most gcc
developers don't realize there are several serious issuses with the
currrent gcc 3.0.1.

H.J.