Re: PATCH: Handle the shared libgcc is a system library

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 01:48:47PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:

> > In gcc, if we can't assume ldconfig is available, we can do
>
> Would we ever be in this situation?  If we know that we are:
>
> 1)  Installing on GNU/Linux, and
> 2)  Doing --prefix=/usr, or shlibdir=/lib, or whatever we did that makes
>     us affect /lib, and
> 3)  Messing with symlinks in /lib during install time,
>
> would ldconfig ever /not/ be available?

Linux is not the only system where gcc is used as the system compiler.

BTW, it doesn't matter what --prefix is used. As long as you use the
same option as the previous gcc configure, you have to be prepared
to deal with this issue. That pretty much covers all systems gcc 3.0
supports :-).

H.J.