Re: Using the GCC EH mechanism for Ada

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 10:11:46AM +0200, Olivier Hainque wrote:
>  Do you think mapping filter values to (pointers to) arrays could also do the
>  trick ?

I do not think this is a space efficient way to approach things.

>  Well, unless I missed really important things (which is quite possible), the
>  absraction level did not appear that low to me. The only point that mislead
>  the basic initial adaptation to Ada a bit was simply the fact that "types"
>  are referenced everywhere for information that does not necessarily represent
>  actual types.

Yes, I should have written more commentary than I had.  Particularly
about the "exception type" thingy being not a TREE_TYPE, but any sort
of thingy the front end wished to represent the catch element.

But my real point here was not that it wasn't _usable_, but that the
encoding chosen wasn't _space efficient_ for non-c++.

>  Perhaps a first step towards a higher level of abstraction would be to give
>  more general names to some functions/arguments/tables and such ?

Perhaps.

r~