Re: GCC Release Delay

> And all the version files apart from gcc/version.c (gcc/f/version.c,
> libf2c/*/Version.c) still say "(experimental)" - not even "(prerelease)"
> which would normally be what's appropriate for them on a branch except for
> actual releases.

This was semi-intentional.  I have no idea how the libf2c version numbers
track our releases.  (The library could well be experimental, even if the
compiler is not.)  I didn't know that Fortran had its own version
file; the fix is to remove it, and share the gcc/version.c file.

Would you mind submitting patches for gcc_release to do whatever you
think is right, both for the version files and to fix the ChangeLog
date issue?  Then we won't have the same problem in the next release.

Thanks,