3.0 release announcement -- too late to ask?

Is it too late to ask that any release announcement for gcc 3.0
emphasize that files should be downloaded from mirrors?  Even if we
could get people to check out sources from the CVS mirror at gnu.org
(this exists, right?), that would be a help.

I'm asking because I'd like to minimize the hit on gcc.gnu.org, if at
all possible.  I already see things lagging there with people doing cvs
checkouts and downloads, so I think it would be a more positive experience
for everyone involved if we spread the load around a little.

The list of gcc mirrors is here: http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html .

cgf