Re: libtool (was: GCC 3.0: sparc-sun-solaris2.8 fails to build today)

On 12 Jun 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> HIGHLY IMPORTANT: Today I am experiencing repeated bootstrap failures on
>> sparc-sun-solaris2.8 with a plain
>
>>   configure --prefix=... --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,java
>
>> That is, without explicitly specifying libgcj. This means we definitely
>> have to fix this somehow before the release!
> What is the problem this time?

It's exactly the problem that lead to this thread. Originally we
had thought that on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 it would only happen if one
explicitly enabled libgcj (so Mark didn't consider it critical), but
now I started to get this for plain builds as above.

I have just fired another build, after getting three failures yesterday...

Gerald