Re: GCC 3.0 Status Report

Hi,

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> 68K: Bootstrap problem.  PR1795.  If this is not fixed soon, it
>      can wait for 3.0.1.

I think we have a choice here between here between a compiler that
doesn't work at all or a compiler that might work, as there was
obviously no testing done for quite some time. At bootstrap/3090, c/3092
and c/3095 there are the minimum changes described needed to get a sort
of working compiler, but even that produces more than 100 failures
during check, about half of them are regressions to 2.95. I have some
patches to reduce it to 74 failures and I'd like to help to analyze/fix
more of them.
BTW there are two new regression from 3.0 to 3.1, I'll can post them
later.

bye, Roman