Re: New CSE2 bug on release branch demonstrated by g77

--On Tuesday, June 12, 2001 06:04:43 PM -0400 David Edelsohn
<dje@watson.ibm.com> wrote:

> Mark> Thank you for the report.
> Mark> Are you able to isolate the change that caused it?
>
> 	The bug appears to be due to your Stepanov fix:
>
>         * toplev.c (rest_of_compilation): Remove dead code before
>         purge_addressof.
>
> I wonder if Andreas's bootstrap failure is caused by this as well.

Thank you for tracking it down.  I will try to understand what's
going on -- it most likely reflects a bug somewhere else.  Unless
it looks very, very easy to fix, I will plan on reverting my patch,
on the branch, and doing whatever turns about to be appropriate
(revert, or install a more complex fix) on the mainline.