Re: libtool (was: GCC 3.0: sparc-sun-solaris2.8 fails to build today)

> Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:55:40 -0700
> From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>

> I think we should work with at least one easy-to-obtain shell on
> each platform, preferably one shipped with the system by the vendor
> -- but not necessarily all.

Next time we are at a bar, buy me a beer and I will tell you of the
story of having to configure with one shell, and building with
another, because neither shell could do the other job.  Really gross
and responsible for burning far more engineering time then it seems
like it should have.   :-(

But, if the software uses ksh or bash whenever a broken /bin/sh would
have been used, I think that is enough to not screw users.