Re: Versioning V3 headers

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 11:35:50PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> Soon, we'll have to deal with two kinds of V3 headers:
> gcc-3.0/libstdc++ and gcc-3.x/libstdc++ headers. In order to ease the
> job of working on both, I would like to propose we name the final
> V3 $includedir
>
> 	$prefix/include/g++-vmajor.minor
>
> where major is g++ major version and minor is the minor version.
>
> Thoughts?

I think it's a good idea.  How many places need changing in the compiler
to make it search in the correct directory?  I can probably do this
once I get finished wading through the swamp of gcc/config/* looking for
CPLUSPLUS_CPP_DEFINES issues.[*]

Phil
[*]  My professional opinion:  "specs bite and should be replaced".  :-)