Re: FAQ: Release Date for gcc3.0

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> The main objective of this task, weird as it may sound, is to get rid of
> the FAQ as much as possible! Specifically
>
>   o platform specific information and installation instructions should
>     go into gcc/doc/install.texi;
>   o general issues should go into our regular documentation or to our
>     web site;
>   o and only the rest should go into a new faq.html in wwwdocs/htdocs.

I take it you'll be dealing with providing the FOM source material for
this?  And that where entries stay in the FAQ they will keep the URLs they
had in the old faq.html, and the FOM will stay around for a bit afterwards
so links to it (some links are still to named entries in the old FAQ) can
be converted back?

I'll look at and comment on patches if I see anything to comment on, but
may not do so for all the patches.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk