Re: Best way to add DBX_USE_BINCL to a.out toolchains?

>> My question is what is the best way to do this.  I don't know if it's
>> safe to just define DBX_USE_BINCL (will the extra stabs be ignored on
>> old (or non-gnu) linkers that don't understand BINCL/EINCL?), or if
>> separate configs are necessary.  If separate configs are necessary,
>> should I trigger off --with-gnu-ld?

Geoff> The real question is "will the extra stabs be ignored by non-gdb
Geoff> debuggers, like dbx?"

Exactly.

I suspect adding DBX_USE_BINCL to the i386-aout and m68k-aout targets
is probably safe.  Considering the absense of any E/ABIs, I would not
expect objects from different vendors tools to be compatible.  I seem
to recall that it took a few iterations for vendors to get everything
in sync when there are E/ABIs.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin