Re: gcc 3.0 cannot compile pooma

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 06:36:29PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 04:30:04PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > Note3, that if you liked, we could add some kind of namespace support
> > to the preprocessor, which could make life a lot simpler.  (E.g.
> > #pragma GCC prefix __foobar_ would tack __foobar_ on the beginning of
> > every macro defined until the next #pragma GCC prefix.  This is
> > probably too simple, but you get the idea.)
>
> Heck, that sounds exceptionally useful in itself.

I appreciate that, however, I'm not going to implement anything
without a specification that we would not be ashamed to submit for
standardization.  No more underspecified extensions.

It would probably be cleanest to teach the preprocessor about C++'s
namespace and using keywords.  The #pragma scheme would be a lot
easier to implement, though.  (Either way, I'm not the one to specify
it, I don't know enough C++.)

--
zw                I met a traveller from an antique land
                  Who said: 'Your name is Ozymandias,