Re: FAQ: Release Date for gcc3.0

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Jeffrey Oldham wrote:

> http://gcc.gnu.org/fom_serv/cache/50.html says no firm release date
> for gcc 3.0 is known as of May 2000.  Mark Mitchell indicates the
> release date is 15June; see
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg01044.html.

The FOM is (meant to be) frozen pending conversion back to a static HTML
file which can be better maintained with changes getting review and
quality control rather than filling up with junk, etc..  I volunteered for
this and Jeff Law was going to provide the FOM RCS files, but nothing
happened (in terms of the FOM RCS files getting put up somewhere, or a
conversion starting) and I've since unvolunteered.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg00654.html

So a volunteer for converting the FAQ to a single HTML file is needed.
My intended use of the RCS files was to see how much had changed at all
since the static FAQ was injected into the FOM, since applying changes to
the last full version of the static faq.html (1.158) might be the
preferred way to go.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk