RE: 2.11.1

The following happens on alpha linux with gcc 2.95.2 and binutils 2.10.90
and glibc 2.1.3-21.
I'm not sure if this is a gcc or binutils issue, but since releases
are coming soon and this seems to be a pretty nasty problem, here it is:

file "mylib.c" with contents "int i;"
% gcc -o mylib.o mylib.c -c -fPIC -ggdb
% gcc -o mylib.so mylib.o -shared

file "main.c" with contents "extern int i; main() { i = 0; }"
% gcc -o main.o main.c -c
% gcc -o main main.o mylib.so
% ./main
Seg fault

Removing the "-ggdb" from the first compile line fixes the problem.
Doesn't happen on x86.

Ken