Re: GCC 3.0 Status Report

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 01:23:35PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> RTH: Did we fix the ARM conditional-execution problem?

Not yet.  I looked at it this past weekend and didn't make
much headway.  I'm going to look again this afternoon.

>      Or should we go with the patch I proposed that you said disabled
>      a lot of conditional-lifetime information?

No.  If we disable it, we should _really_ disable it, and in a very
obvious way.  Say by undefing HAVE_conditional_execution in flow.c
and putting a big comment explaining why.  Otherwise someone may look
at that code and wonder why it isn't doing what it appears that it
is supposed to be doing and get really confused.

We would also need a tiny adjustment in mark_set_1 as well -- that
ifdef block would need an

	if (cond && some_was_live)
	  not_dead = 1;

r~