C++ compiler question

Hi

I installed GNU provided by SUN Software Companion CD.
When I tested the GCC to compile my C++ program, I got
following error message:

Undefined                           First referened
  symbol                               in file
 cout
/var/tmp/ccturaOf.o
 ostream::operator<<(char const*)
/var/tmp/ccturaOf.o

id:fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written
to a.out
collect2:id returned 1 exit status

Here is my simple c++ program

#include<iostream.h>

void main()
{
    cout<<"It's a test" << "\n" ;
}

Something wrong with my installation ? Please help me.

Thanks

Ming