Re: gzip performance test

> From: Jean Francois Martinez <jfm2@club-internet.fr>
> Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:05:21 +0200
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

> 3) At least with the Byte benchmark the unholy gcc 2.96 provides
> code significantly faster than gcc 2.95 so if gcc 3.0 id not better
> than gcc 2.95 it means it is worse than the evil gcc 2.96

Could I ask you to please not call any particular version of gcc
unholy or evil.  I don't think it serves anybody, or gcc well.

If you want to flame any particular compiler, post a comprehensive
testsuite analysis of the compilers you wish to compare in question,
and leave it at that.

The damage done by such comments is measurable and doesn't help us.

Thanks.