Re: Eliminating POTFILES, etc - can we lose catgets support?

* Zack Weinberg (zackw@stanford.edu) [20010525 03:46]:

> It would simplify matters considerably if we could abandon support for
> catgets(3), using our own libintl on systems that only provide that
> interface.  Any objections?

I already wrote to you in private, but forget to CC the list.

The patches I have (or rather had, as my disk that held my local cvs trees
and archives died yesterday) pending bring the po and intl subdirs to the
level of gettext 0.10.36. Besides other changes, these drop the support for
catgets.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Deutscherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nuremberg, Germany

Penguins shall save the dinosaurs
                          -- Handelsblatt about Linux on S/390