This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How would *you* use an intern?
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: Re: How would *you* use an intern?
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:23:35 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, <shebs at apple dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Thu, 31 May 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> I'd like to see the linker become multi-threaded, but that's a topic
>> for the binutils list.
> May I ask what good this would do?
Linking files residing on an NFS-Server often gives me a load of < 5%
with a most significant amount of iowait, even on a fast network.
I assume this could be improved by de-serializing the link process?
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/