This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- From: Sylvain Pion <Sylvain dot Pion at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:01:24 +0200
- Cc: Sylvain Pion <Sylvain dot Pion at sophia dot inria dot fr>
Talking about this, I usually do a manual flush to memory in order to have
correct rounding when I need it, I use something like the following :
inline double force_to_mem (double x)
asm("" : "=m"(x) : "m"(x));
Unfortunately, this code doesn't work for C++ with GCC 3.0 on x86.
(PR c++/2115, still not analyzed... hint, hint :)
And I have no other idea how to do this reliably for GCC 3...