Re: How would *you* use an intern?

Carlo Wood wrote:

> Perhaps too difficult, but would it be possible for him to look
> into precompiled header files?

It's a little hard for a newbie, plus there are several precompiled
header implementations running around, including Apple's own
cpp-precomp, and so I'm resisting blindly jumping into starting
another.

> What I am thinking of is actually rather simple, let me explain:

Your description is quite similar to how cpp-precomp works, except
that it can't have templates in a precompiled header.  Even though
it runs as a separate preprocessor, projects using Apple's monster
Carbon and Cocoa headers do see 4-8x speedups, depending on average
source file size and other factors.

I'm hoping to start another project to do precompiled headers that
work at the tree level, but we're still working on getting funding
for the concept, so it's too soon to talk about technical specifics.

Stan