This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- To: <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:01:35 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net>, <mprice at atl dot lmco dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 30 May 2001 email@example.com wrote:
> generated by a C compiler being non-IEEE compliant. Yes, you might have
> some informal notions of what the mapping should be, but these notions
> are not in the C standard or in the IEEE754 standard.
C99 Annex F defines a mapping from IEC 60559 (formerly IEC 559, and
renumbered as 60559 to avoid confusing with ISO 559; also IEEE 754) to C.
(Though Nick Maclaren has nasty things to say about the implementability
of most of the new floating point features in C99.)
Joseph S. Myers