This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- To: moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net, mprice at atl dot lmco dot com
- Subject: Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:35:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Note that the implicit claim that the x86 is buggy here are quite bogus.
Indeed the model of using extended precision for intermediate results
is not at all an unreasonable one for translating high level languages.