This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- To: moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net, mprice at atl dot lmco dot com
- Subject: Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:30:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<I checked this on a linux box. The result is due to the pow function
in the system math library. The function is sensitive to the setting
of the fpu rounding precision. It is not a compiler bug.
Not surprising x**y is the classical example where extended precision
makes this a trivial calculation (you can compute it using logs and
exps ONLY if you have extended precision).