This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- To: Michael Price <mprice at atl dot lmco dot com>
- Subject: Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- From: Stephen L Moshier <moshier at mediaone dot net>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:26:41 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net
> X^((X + 1) / (X - 1)) vs. exp(2) = 7.38905609893065218e+00 as X -> 1
> calculated 7.38905609548934539e+00 until I switched to double rounding
I checked this on a linux box. The result is due to the pow function
in the system math library. The function is sensitive to the setting
of the fpu rounding precision. It is not a compiler bug.