This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: Kahan's Floating Point Test
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:45:49 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier)
> The floating point hardware on x86 is not IEEE compliant.
I disagree, and I believe Kahan would, too. I would go so far as to
say that this statement is false. Some more discussion and evidence
about this is contained in the thread following
I'm leaving on a trip on Sunday, so I may not follow up to any more
discussion on this issue, so don't take that as agreement or
disagreement with any statements that anyone may make in reply
to this message.