This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SPECFP95 comparison: 2.95.3 vs 3.0-20010525 on SPARC
- To: rth at redhat dot com (Richard Henderson)
- Subject: Re: SPECFP95 comparison: 2.95.3 vs 3.0-20010525 on SPARC
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:42:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, dnovillo at redhat dot com, dann at godzilla dot ics dot uci dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 03:12:32PM -0400, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> > OK, but the post to this list just now did not meet that requirement
> > as far as I can see.
> Eh. True, but one could also argue it wasn't being "published"
> either. This list is more of a forum for developers than a
> vehicle for marketriods.
Since that's debatable (the mailing list is archived on gcc.gnu.org after
all, and some trade journalists do read the list and might decide to turn a
post into an article), it's probably best to be safe and make sure that
any posted reports follow the rules.