This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: random thought re GC allocator
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: Re: random thought re GC allocator
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:46:05 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010527115206.A28699@stanford.edu>
On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 11:52:06AM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> If we bump the smallest bin up to 8 bytes, we waste 4 bytes each for CC0,
> PC, and every RETURN rtx, but we save most of a page + its control
> structure by not having an almost-entirely-empty bin anymore.
Seems good. Pre-approved for mainline.