This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: alpha -> ppc cross compiler
- To: simon dot watts at marconi dot com
- Subject: Re: alpha -> ppc cross compiler
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: 29 May 2001 09:14:15 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <1F966F2DBE3ED5B285256A570073A445.0074679785256A57@ntssmtp.picker.com> <3B1369E2.email@example.com>
Simon A Watts <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> email@example.com wrote:
> >> Has anyone built a xgcc from alpha to powerpc?
> > I have, but only out of mainline. The gcc 3.0 branch contains some
> > bugs in powerpc and in generic codegen that break in case of 64-bit
> > hosts and 32-bit targets. These are fixed in mainline, but we agreed
> > the changes were too risky for the 3.0 release.
> Does this imply that the same|equivalent bugs are in 2.95.3 as well?
There are much worse bugs in 2.95.3.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>