This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SPECFP95 comparison: 2.95.3 vs 3.0-20010525 on SPARC
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: SPECFP95 comparison: 2.95.3 vs 3.0-20010525 on SPARC
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 15:01:25 -0400
- Cc: dann at godzilla dot ICS dot UCI dot EDU, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <20010528184815.E5E5DF28A7@nile.gnat.com>
On Mon, 28 May 2001, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Now speaking of benchmarks and methodology, I thought the SPECFP95
> suite came with a contract requiring the results to be posted in
> certain format, including an overall weighted averyage from running
> all the tests (i.e. you are not allowed to publish selected results),
> but perhaps this is a misconception or is no longer in force?
Yes. As long as you post the .html/.ps file generated by runspec
you should be OK. See http://www.cygnus.com/~dnovillo/SPEC/ for
the daily SPECint runs.