Re: stepanov on sparc; sparc backend scheduling issues

Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@unitus.it> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> a couple of pointers from October and November 2000:
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2000-10/msg00771.html
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2000-11/msg00323.html
>
> Following those (very interesting!) threads I had believed that ADDRESSOF was
> indeed *broken*, a far more powerful replacement working on trees being in the
> horizon...

Well, one thing talked about (struct splitting) *is* basically scalar
replacement of aggregates.

At least, for dwarf2, we can now track these values if someone wanted
to.

You can do it with the location lists, and DW_OP_piece.
--Dan

--
"A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the
entire planet Earth taken from space.  On the back it said,