Re: criteria.html open issues

<<Very few people are even aware that aliasing is dangerous.
I work in a UNIX-centric environment with experienced OS
developers, all of whom were surprised (and horrified) to
see what the new compiler would do. Even more disturbing
was that "volatile" wouldn't fix the problem.

It is a sad situation when people are horrified to find out the semantics
of the language they are programming in. We are not back in the 70's,
C is a well defined language with a well defined standard, it is not at
all unreasonable to expect programmers to know it at this stage.

Yes, I can understand that old code has problems, but there is not much
excuse for programmers at this stage being horrified by the rules of C :-)