This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH for Re: bad link (on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#mips*-sgi-irix6)
- To: Erik Mouw <J dot A dot K dot Mouw at its dot tudelft dot nl>
- Subject: Re: PATCH for Re: bad link (on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#mips*-sgi-irix6)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 12:34:01 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Darek Kedra <darked at burnham dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 28 May 2001, Erik Mouw wrote:
> Not completely the correct URL, but sgi is reachable again so I can
> look it up. This is the correct one:
Thanks! However, I decided to intentionally take the more generic URL,
as to avoid broken links and/or continous updates in the future. As a
rule of thumb, I try to avoid URLs that have some kind of (subrelease)
version information encoded whereever possible.
(For example, our current release is GCC 2.95.3, and it seems there will
be a GCC 2.95.4 at some point, apart from GCC 3.0.x.)
So, http://freeware.sgi.com/Installable/gcc.html would be fine, but
gcc-2.95.2-sgipl1.html really makes me a bit nervous. :-o
> The second part about troubleshooting and known bugs is the most
Yes, that's very useful!
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/