Re: mirroring ?

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> On Sun, 20 May 2001, jason andrade wrote:
> > can i please get the entry for AU changed in the mirror list from
> >
> > mirror.aarnet.edu.au to
> >
> > http://planetmirror.com/pub/gcc/
> > ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/gcc/
>
> Is the old mirror defunct, or is this another one?

the old mirror isn't defunct, but it is now mirroring
from planetmirror above.  the best case would be to
list both but i wasn't sure if that was ok.

> Could you please provide a patch to our mirrors page, and I'll then
> install that?

will do.

> > i'm also interested in providing a mirror of the actual gcc home page.
> >
> > can you let me know if this is possible ?
>
> Yes, this is certainly possible. One way would be to mirror www.gnu.org
> (where they already offer tarballs suitable for mirror sites), or you
> could just mirror gcc.gnu.org.
>
> In that case, I recommend to check out our web pages from CVS and run the
> preprocess script in wwwdocs/bin/preprocess to generate the actual pages
> from what we have in CVS. (If you have questions concerning this, just
> ask!)

well, i was hoping you just had an rsync share available which pointed at
the web site.

weirdly gnu used to allow mirroring of its web pages and recently turned
that off so it is no longer possible.  i have sent them mail and haven't
gotten any reply, so i'm not sure who to chase up about that.

-jason