criteria.html open issues

> What other tests should we use for compile-time performance measurement?
> What tests should we use for code quality?

For both of these, the Linux kernel is a good choice. You can
test code quality by running a web benchmark with Tux2 over
loopback with the files in a ramfs (memory-based) filesystem.

> Should -fstrict-aliasing be enabled?

Yes, at -O3 level and above. The forced inlining at -O3 is junk.

> Should we use flags higher than -O2 -g when bootstrapping?

Yes, to get -fstrict-aliasing at -O3. Use -O9 in fact.

> Should we add PowerPC GNU/Linux to the list of platforms?
> Should we use Tru64 in place of Alpha GNU/Linux?

With automated testing, you should be able to add every
platform you can find.