This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Multiple jumps in one instruction
- To: Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan at buzzard dot org dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Multiple jumps in one instruction
- From: Scott A Crosby <crosby at qwes dot math dot cmu dot edu>
- Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 16:20:22 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 25 May 2001, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> This may seem odd, but I am looking to port gcc to a new processor
> architecture. I have spend the last week or so reading the documentation
> but there is still one question left that I can not answer for definate.
Suggestion: Look at 'cilk' it was a research project to create compiler
that can do this type of optimization, roughly, parallel function
invocation like this for use on an SMP machine. I have no idea how they
implemented it, but you may be able to piggyback on how they did it.
No DVD movie will ever enter the public domain, nor will any CD. The last CD
and the last DVD will have moldered away decades before they leave copyright.
This is not encouraging the creation of knowledge in the public domain.