This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Multiple jumps in one instruction
- To: jonathan at buzzard dot org dot uk, jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Subject: Re: Multiple jumps in one instruction
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 01:18:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<Note that the ISO C committee ruled that function calls do not overlap;
see DR#087. So it would be inappropriate for GCC to execute functions in
parallel even if there isn't a sequence point between them.
Well a compiler would have to do appropriate analysis (perhaps aided by
user pragmas or switches) that such a dual branch was safe, but in any
case this is not really being responsive to the question, which is how
do you get this semantics -- telling him he does not want it is not
answering the question :-)