This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: stepanov on sparc; sparc backend scheduling issues
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: stepanov on sparc; sparc backend scheduling issues
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:08:40 -0700
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, jfm2 at club-internet dot fr, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200105252223.SAA26888@makai.watson.ibm.com> <200105260055.RAA08169@toledo.synopsys.com>
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 05:55:29PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> So, a question: since I configured the compiler on an Ultrasparc, why
> doesn't it set -mtune=ultrasparc by default? What are we defaulting to?
config.guess doesn't know you configured on an ultrasparc.
You can use --with-cpu=ultrasparc, but that affects -mcpu,
not -mtune, which may not be what you want.
Default tuning matches default architecture, which is sparc v7.