This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: unwind-dw2-fde.c change breaks AIX
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: unwind-dw2-fde.c change breaks AIX
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:20:15 -0400
- cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Geoff Keating writes:
Geoff> I don't know what would be better on AIX, to have the '.' or not to
Geoff> have it. I suspect any change will break something.
That doesn't really help us decide how to address the problem. :^)
The uses of __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__ do not seem to handle much
beyond "" and "_" (see toplev.c and cppinit.c). config/rs6000/sysv4.h
uses "%U" to print the __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__, but rs6000.h and aix.h never
refer to it. aix.h overrides ASM_OUTPUT_LABELREF in default.h which uses
it. I do not see how the definition is doing much good. Punting this
decision to gcc-3.1 is not going to make any difference.