This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gzip performance test
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Subject: Re: gzip performance test
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:10:36 -0700
- Cc: jfm2 at club-internet dot fr, jbuck at synopsys dot COM, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <200105251458.KAA26764@makai.watson.ibm.com>
>>>>> "David" == David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
David> All of this is un-scientific and not official results
David> of any kind. By this comparison, gcc-3.0 looks pretty good
David> at the basic C optimization level.
Good news so far -- both gzip (for whatever it's worth) and your
benchmarks indicate that we're not getting much worse. Since we've
decided this is more of a feature release than a performance release,
that's perfectly much in line with what I'd hope.
We might want to collect these results somewhere (Gerald?) just so
that we remember what we've done.
Thanks for doing the testing!
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com