Re: Multiple jumps in one instruction

jsm28@cam.ac.uk said:
> Note that the ISO C committee ruled that function calls do not
> overlap;   see DR#087.  So it would be inappropriate for GCC to
> execute functions in  parallel even if there isn't a sequence point
> between them.

I know. However the people paying my wages want(need) a C/C++ compiler
that does just that regardless of whether it breaks the standard. If
necessary it is a new variant of C called C$ or something that differs
from C/C++ in just this respect.

The question remains can gcc do this without major headaches or do I
need to look at starting from scratch with a brand new compiler?

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195