This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: unwind-dw2-fde.c change breaks AIX
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: unwind-dw2-fde.c change breaks AIX
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:21:18 -0700
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200105251906.PAA24176@makai.watson.ibm.com>
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 03:06:28PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> The problem is __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__. What is that macro suppose to do?
It is supposed to evaluate to "_" on targets that prefix
all C symbols with an underscore.
> In config/rs6000/aix.h it is defined a ".".
> __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__ was defined that way on Mar 16 by Geoff, but I
> cannot find a ChangeLog entry, discussion on gcc-patches, or a reason for
> the change.
This seems incorrect. Geoff, can you comment?
> Because this change completely breaks the build on AIX, it is
> extremely serious.
Worst case, we can just remove the aliasing bits on the
branch and always use the stub function.