This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: tweaks for autoconf 2.50
- To: zackw at Stanford dot EDU
- Subject: Re: tweaks for autoconf 2.50
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:06:27 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010525114342.D28699@stanford.edu>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:43:42 -0700
> From: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw@Stanford.EDU>
> Cc: email@example.com
> On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 11:37:06AM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:
> I think you misunderstood. Any configure script that uses libtool's
> autoconf macros will barf. F'r instance, libstdc++v3:
> configure.in:50: error: All the tests involving linking were disabled by AC_NO_EXECUTABLES
> acgeneral.m4:2882: AC_TRY_LINK is expanded from...
> ../libtool.m4:208: AC_LIBTOOL_SETUP is expanded from...
> configure.in:50: AC_LIBTOOL_SETUP is required by...
> ../libtool.m4:86: _AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is expanded from...
> configure.in:50: _AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is required by...
> ../libtool.m4:52: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is expanded from...
> ../libtool.m4:839: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL is expanded from...
> configure.in:50: the top level
> Doesn't matter if it was otherwise cross-compiler clean.
Hmmm. Sounds like libtool will need some fixing, then. It probably
only works now by chance.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>