This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
core file not created
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: core file not created
- From: Katherine Meiszer <katherine at mil dot ufl dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:27:32 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
I am running code compiled with g++ using gcc version egcs-2.91.66 on a
Linux system. When I get a segmentation fault, no core file is
created. I have never before seen an instance of where a segmentation
fault is not accompanied by a core dump. I wrote a simple test program
that does nothing but incorrectly index an array and it also does create
a core file when it crashes.
I would appreciate any suggestions you have on how to fix this. It's
making debugging very difficult.