This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Multiple jumps in one instruction
- To: Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan at buzzard dot org dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Multiple jumps in one instruction
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:11:17 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 25 May 2001, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> For example if I had a line like
> a = func1(n)+func2(n);
> I would want to compile this into a single jump instruction that goes
> to two places. Think of it as hardware multi-threading and you should
> get the idea.
Note that the ISO C committee ruled that function calls do not overlap;
see DR#087. So it would be inappropriate for GCC to execute functions in
parallel even if there isn't a sequence point between them.
Joseph S. Myers