This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gzip performance test
- To: jfm2 at club-internet dot fr
- Subject: Re: gzip performance test
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:16:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: dje at watson dot ibm dot com (David Edelsohn), jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> 3) At least with the Byte benchmark the unholy gcc 2.96 provides code
> significantly faster than gcc 2.95 so if gcc 3.0 id not better than gcc 2.95
> it means it is worse than the evil gcc 2.96
"2.96" is just a prerelease of 3.0, and it was made before we fixed some
performance bugs. As it used the old, noncompliant but smaller libstdc++,
small C++ programs will probably compile slower with 3.0.