This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gzip performance test
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com (David Edelsohn)
- Subject: Re: gzip performance test
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:13:12 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: jfm2 at club-internet dot fr, jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> I do not think that gzip is a very useful performance test. It
> mainly is a question of how well GCC optimizes one loop. The gzip part of
> the GCC 3.0 release criteria was more about code quality and not
> encoutering a regression, not about showing a large improvement.
Agreed. But at least I've verified that there isn't a regression here.