gcc 2.96 reports in GNATS

Hi,

I'm going through GNATS, and I am seeing a lot of reports
from people using the Red Hat version of gcc (gcc 2.96).

I would recommend that when incoming GNATS reports for
this compiler are received that the GCC GNATS maintainers
direct the reporters of these bugs to report them to Red Hat at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla.
This is what I have been doing.

Red Hat has a support mechanism and support engineers who
can deal with these bug reports, and Red Hat can collaborate
with the GCC project as necessary to provide bug fixes or
report bugs.  Red Hat also provides patches
to their own version of gcc has they see fit, so people should
find out about and fetch these fixes directly from Red Hat.

Since the GCC project does not officially support gcc 2.96, I
believe that this is the correct thing for the GCC GNATS maintainers
to do.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr