This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gzip performance test
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: gzip performance test
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:06:14 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
gzip built with which options? gzip-1.2.4a CFLAGS seems to
default to -O.
I tried gzip-1.2.4a on powerpc-ibm-aix220.127.116.11. The results depend
on the options:
With -O2, gcc-3.0 prerelease is slightly faster, matching your results.
With -O3 -funroll-all-loops, gcc-2.95 is slightly faster.
With -O3 -funroll-all-loops -fstrict-aliasing, they're statistically